Happy Monday, everyone! I apologize I didn’t get a post to you last night on our normal Sunday night schedule but I wasn’t in a great mood after the Vikings game last night and decided it would be better to wait until tonight….it was a great season and hoping they can perform highly again next year 🙂
About two weeks ago I ordered a second pair of glasses to have and they arrived in the middle of last week. I posted a picture and got a few questions about where I got them so I wanted to share my experience with all of you! I have one pair of glasses already that are a dark brown/almost purple color and since I am now back to wearing glasses all the time I wanted to order a second pair that are very different from the other so that I have two options to pick from based on what I’m wearing/how I’m feeling that day.
Clear glasses have been a big trend lately and I always wanted to give them a try so I figured this was my shot. Since they’re pretty “trendy” I immediately thought of the Warby Parker brand because I have always been able to count on them for stylish frames that are simplistic in nature. I checked out their website and definitely wasn’t disappointed. They had multiple of their frame styles offered in a clear or light colored frame.
I first heard about Warby Parker when I was studying at NDSU during undergrad. A friend of mine came to class with cute new glasses and I asked where she got them. She told me all about Warby Parker and I at first thought it was CRAZY because I knew there was no way that I would order glasses online and not have the chance to try them on/see how they looked on me before buying them. She calmed my worry by letting me know that I had the ability to “try before I buy” through their home try-on program. I was convinced and gave it a shot. I was impressed and ended up loving a couple of the pairs I ordered in my first try on.
I bought my first pair from them in 2013, another in 2015, and now most recently in 2018. I have had nothing but great experiences and have found the glasses to be really high quality with a great mission behind them. Whenever you buy a pair of Warby Parker glasses they donate/supply a pair to someone in need of glasses. It’s very similar to the TOMS shoes mission if you’re familiar. I think about how many people around the world must need glasses but don’t have access to an eye exam or the ability to have a pair of glasses prescribed to them that will help them in their daily life. I like the feeling of contributing to someone else through my purchase.
To give you an idea on price: most glasses that are single correction (either distance or reading) will start at $95 for the frames AND lenses which is quite a deal. If you are someone who has a progressive prescription (needs correction for both distance and reading) then the price will go up. Other additions will also cause an increase in price such as transition lenses or other non-standard features.
Warby Parker makes all of their frames and also makes and fits lenses in house which makes their production time quite fast. I ordered my most recent pair and after sending them my prescription I had my glasses in less than 10 days! If you live in a bigger metro area it’s possible you have an actual Warby Parker storefront in your city that you’d be able to check out. For those of you who don’t have a physical location near you their website and app are EXTREMELY user friendly and will help you pick out glasses for home try-on in a snap. To close, I’ll walk you briefly through the home try-on and purchase process and you can check out the newest specs I found 🙂
– – For reference, the pair I chose to purchase was the Haley frame in lavender crystal – –
- Either head here to their website or download the Warby Parker app through your app store onto your phone.
- You can begin by taking a style quiz which will help narrow down the frames you might be interested in based on your preferences to shape, color, and the shape of your face, etc. If you’d rather skip the quiz and just browse you can do that, too!
- Choose your frames for home try-on.
- You can choose 5 frames to try-on at home for a 5 day period with absolutely no cost to you. The frames, shipping, AND return shipping are all free (unless of course you lose or damage any of the sample frames)
- Peruse through the website or app and add frames to your home try-on. You can add or subtract if you change your mind but you can only choose 5 total. Most frames are available for home try-on but some may be unavailable if they’re sample frames are all out with other customers at the moment. It’s also possible that a frame you like is available for home try-on but not necessarily in the specific color or pattern you like. If that’s the case you can always order the pair that’s available so you can at least see the fit and how they look on your face.
- Once you’ve chosen your 5 frames sit back and wait (impatiently) for the home try-on box to arrive with your sample frames 😀
Here is a sample photo of what the home try-on box looks like along with screenshots from within the app on my phone that shows you the 5 frames I chose in my try-on prior to choosing my most recent pair
- Once the sample frames arrive you can have 5 full days testing them out. Try them all on for size, wear them to work, out to dinner with friends, or any of your normal activities. Get opinions from others and determine whether or not a certain pair will work for your style and fit wise. The frames come with just plastic sample lenses in them so no correction is present.
- At the end of your 5-day trial package the frames back up in the handy box and send them back with the pre-paid shipping label.
- Hopefully by this time you have decided on a pair (or two!!) that you loved. Now all that’s left to do is select that frame and make your purchase. The website will walk you through choosing your frame, the color, what type of prescription you have (single or progressive), and make other choices like what type of coating you want on your lenses, if you want them to be transitional, etc. Then all you have to do is take a picture of your prescription and attach it with your order online. The WP team will review it and make sure your lenses are just right (P.S. if for some reason they can’t accommodate your exact prescription/they have other questions they will get in contact with you right away to make sure they understand everything.)
- Voila! After about 7-10 days (depending on multiple factors) you should have your brand new pair of glasses at your door and ready to go. You also can smile extra wide knowing your purchase of a pair of Warbys allowed someone else in the world who needed glasses to get the glasses they needed!
As always, thanks so much for reading! I look forward to sharing more with you next week as I have a couple more posts all lined up and ready to share 🙂 Have a wonderful week!